|The Chicago Women's Park and Gardens / Park 550 Advisory Council is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to provide a permanent body that enables the indoor community center facility and the Chicago Women's Park and Gardens asset to respond and adapt to the changing needs of its users. |
Current needs include:
- Assisting the Chicago Park District with indoor and outdoor facility design, facility staffing and operations, program development and a smooth transition for the community center
- Assisting the Chicago Park District in protecting and improving landscape design and maintenance and a smooth transition for Women's Park
- Assisting the Chicago Park District in developing a first class facility and programing that integrates, compliments and respects the surrounding historic neighborhood
- Activating a dynamic volunteer program to support development and execution of programming in the areas of education, art, culture, fitness, and events for residents of all ages, experience and interests.
- Activating a dynamic fundraising program to support programming, equipment and facility improvements.
As these needs materialize into specific projects, the Chicago Women's Park and Gardens / Park 550 Advisory Council will work closely with the Chicago Park District and other community stake holders to raise both private and public funding, Each project will aim to integrate ideas from the community for the future improvement and development of the community center, as well as the protection and promotion of Women's Park. The Advisory Council will foster an environment of partnership, ensuring facilities develop into an art, cultural, fitness, and educational pillar for our community to be enjoyed by generations to come.
- Providing leadership and vision to identify, evaluate, and incorporate local individuals, businesses and cultural organizations as potential partners or providers of art, cultural, educational, historical, and fitness programing to enhance the use of this unique community asset.